Brief Overview About MTP Kit (Mifepristone, Misoprostol Pill)
MTP Kit is a pack of total five pills of two main generics called Mifepristone and Misoprostol, which are used to terminate or end and unwanted pregnancy state during the early phase of up to 9 weeks or 63 days. Abortion pills in MTP Kit are useful for an effective execution of a self-induced abortion in a safe and privately manner.
Working Mechanism of MTP Kit (Mifepristone, Misoprostol Pill)
One pill of Mifepristone generic in MTP kit is accountable to detach the growing fetus during early pregnancy state with the inhibition of progesterone functioning. The second generic Misoprostol as the abortion pill lead to strong uterine contractions and dilates the cervix for an easy elimination of abortion contents out from the uterus. This way in combination, MTP kit is valuable for terminating a pregnancy even at your home according to your ease.
Contraindications for the use of MTP Kit (Mifepristone, Misoprostol Pill)
- MTP Kit is not for terminating an ectopic pregnancy.
- Lactating mothers and girls below the age of 18 years are contradictory for the use of MTP Kit.
- MTP Kit should never be used under certain medical problems of hypersensitivity, unusual vaginal bleeding, and blood pressure, liver, or kidney disorders.
Dosing schedule of MTP Kit (Mifepristone, Misoprostol Pill)
MTP Kit consists of total five pills as one pill of Mifepristone of 200mg strength and four pills of Misoprostol of the 200mcg strength of each pill. In order to have a complete and effective abortion, the woman has to swallow first the Mifepristone pill with the oral route on an empty stomach. Later to 2 days, she needs to take the remaining four pills of Misoprostol in a single administration. These pills can be taken either with the oral route or by vaginal insertion of pills. On 14th day after 1st day of pill ingestion, you should have to visit the doctor for a medical examination in order to confirm the complete abortion.
Side Effects of MTP Kit (Mifepristone, Misoprostol Pill)
A woman on MTP Kit may notice some short-term side effects of the drug such as abdominal cramps, vaginal bleeding, headache, nausea, back pain, dizziness, blurred vision, or vomiting.
Preventive Measures while using MTP Kit
- Prior to the use of MTP Kit pills, remove your IUD (Intrauterine device) if placed.
- Avoid sexual intimacy until you stop the bleeding after an abortion.
- Take a healthy diet and stay away from laborious tasks to have a fast recovery.